Saturday 29 June 2013

Egyptian activity pack

So this is what I've been working on, which is one of the two bigger projects towards the end of my degree. I wanted to create an activity pack for children which could be used in schools. My aim was to create something that would be fun, educational and would provide all the materials a teacher would need - information, worksheets, activity sheets and a disc which would include a PowerPoint presentation.

I dedicated a blog to this project specifically which you can view here . It explains all the ins and outs of the project and the thought process behind it.

This is one of the worksheets I designed, teaching children about the steps of the mummification process. Previous to this they will have sat through a short PowerPoint presentation where they will have received all the info and discussed with their classmates the important steps that should be taken to make a mummy. After this, a card game is played to match up the body parts (also shown below) and then the words are filled in on this sheet.





One of the slides from a PowerPoint presentation...

How my worksheets started out originally. Although I was pleased with them, they had far too much information to absorb for the age range I was working with, so I decided to amend them.

The packing, which was fun to make! I used paper mache, gold paint and bandages dipped in coffee






1 comment:

  1. Donna I think your material is great! I am a teacher and would love to use these materials if it doesn't bother you. Could you share the documents? I would really appreaciate that!

    ReplyDelete